| EnglishEnglish | EspanolEspañol | ChinaChina

History

85, Pobedy St., Belgorod, 308015, Russia
Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Education
Belgorod State National Research University
(The National Research University Belgorod State University / BelSU)

Phone: +7 4722 30-12-11,
Fax: +7 4722 30-10-12


The history of our University is closely connected with the history of pedagogic education in Russia. The reforms of 1860s promoted the speeding-up of economy, trade and military science development and brought about the increase of educational establishments. Since 1872 special educational institutions teaching institutes were established.

On September 26, 1876 in a district town Belgorod the Teacher's Training Institute - the ninth one in Russia - was founded by the order of the Ministry of Public Education. Since that time the difficult but interesting way of our University has begun.

The building of the former Grammar school for women, where Teaching Institute was situated in 1919 1939 (further Institute of national education, Practical Institute of national education, Belgorod pedagogical secondary school)

On June 4, 1919 Belgorod Teacher's Training Institute was reorganized into Belgorod Pedagogical Institute by the order of the Peoples Commissariat for Education of the RSFSR, and in 1920 it was reorganized into Belgorod Institute of Public Education.

In 1922 Belgorod Institute of Public Education was reorganized into Belgorod Practical Institute of Public Education, which was reordered into the Pedagogical Secondary School in September, 1923.

In 1939 it became the Teacher's Training Institute again.

The building of the former Grammar school for women, where Teaching Institute was situated in 1919 1939 (further Institute of national education, Practical Institute of national education, Belgorod pedagogical secondary school)

In 1941, when World War II began, the Institute stopped functioning. In1944, when the fascists invaders were driven out from the territory of the USSR, the Institute resumed its work in Stary Oskol town as Belgorod was destroyed during the war. After the war the Institute successfully developed its activity.

On June 21, 1954 the Teacher's Training Institute was reorganized into the Pedagogical Institute.

School N5 in Stary Oskol. Here Teaching Institute was temporally situated (1944-1957)

In 1957 the Institute was removed to Belgorod and placed in a building in Kommunisticheskaya street (today its the building of the Social-Theological Faculty, 78 Preobrazhenskaya street).

The building on 78, Kommunisticheskaya Street (Preobrazhenskaya Street) where Belgorod Teachers' Institute was placed (nowadays it is the building of Social Theological faculty)

In 1966 the Institute moved into a new building in Stydencheskaya street.

In 1967 Belgorod State Pedagogical Institute was named after .S. Olminsky (Decision of the Council of Ministers of the RSFSR No.411 of June 6, 1967, Decree of the Minister of Education of the RSFSR No.142 of June 29, 1967).

In 1994 Belgorod State Pedagogical Institute named after .S. Olminsky was renamed as Belgorod State Pedagogical University named after .S. Olminsky (Decree of the National Councils Higher Education of the Russian Federation No.1005 of October 13, 1994 On renaming of higher educational establishments).

In July, 1996 on the base of Belgorod State Pedagogical Institute named after .S. Olminsky of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation, Belgorod Territorial Faculty of Russian Distance Learning Finance and Economics Institute of the National Councils Higher Education of the Russian Federation and Belgorod Medical College of Belgorod Region Administration, Belgorod State University of National Councils Higher Education of the Russian Federation was founded, which is a successor of the above listed institutes (Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No.1030 of July 12, 1996, Decision of the Government of the Russian Federation No.880 of July 23, 1996, Decree of the National Councils Higher Education of the Russian Federation No.1410 of August 14, 1996).

Legal succession of Belgorod State University to Belgorod Pedagogical Institute, founded in 1876, is stated by Decision of Belgorod Region Arbitration Court of August 1, 2001 with regard to case 08-2793/01-6.

The main building of the new complex of BSU (Pobedy, 85). Put into operation in 2001

On December 5, 2002 Belgorod State University was added to the Unified State Register of Legal Entities as the State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education Belgorod State University.

On January 17, 2005 the State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education Belgorod State University was added to the Unified State Register of Legal Entities as the State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education Belgorod State University.

In 2010 the State University (BelSU) was the only academic institution of the Belgorod region, as well as of the Central Federal District (except universities of the capital of Russia), to be granted the National Research University status (Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No.812-r of May 20, 2010).

In 2011, on the basis of changing of the existent type of the State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education Belgorod State University, the Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education Belgorod State National Research University(the National Research University BelSU) was founded (Decree of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation No.129 of February 1, 2011).

The Russian Federation is a founder of the National Research University BelSU. Powers and authority of the founder of the University are exercised by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.


Information was given by V.Smirnova 15.05.2013

Directions
artners

Prospectus
Travel directions
Life at Belgorod State University
Video
15.02.2017 International cooperation BelSU

All video >>

Tag's