Deans office 78 Preobrazhenskaya Street, room 15
Phone/Fax +7 4722 301341, 301340, 301339
Acting Dean - Marina E.Polenova,
Ph.D., Associate Professor
Deputy dean for Educational and Methodical work Natalya V. Lazurenko, Ph.D., Associate Professor
phone +7 4722 301347
Deputy dean for Social work Natalya N. Podporinova, Ph.D., Associate Professor
phone +7 4722 301337
Deputy dean for Research work and International Affairs Kseniya Yu. Korolyova, Ph.D., As-sociate Professor.
phone +7 4722 301347
History of the Faculty
Faculty of Theology and Social Sciences of Belgorod State University was opened on June 1, 2001.
It is housed in a building built in 1879 (now 78 Preobrazhenskaya Str.) and was intended for the male gymnasium. The construction was overseen by A.A. Novikov. Since 1911, more than 400 people studied there; the best high-school students received scholarships established in the memory of Emperor Alexander III and Headmaster.
From 1954 to 1957 the building was occupied by Belgorod Region Party Committee and in the next decade by Pedagogical Institute, a branch of Polytechnic Institute. Later it was transformed into Belgorod Technological Institute of Building Materials and then into a Branch of Corre-spondence Institute.
Being reconstructed in 2003, the building of Faculty of Theology and Social Sciences is now an architectural, historical and cultural monument of the XIX century, the era of eclecticism, and is under state protection.
The architecture of the building forms are combined with -pseudo-Russian style techniques and classicism. It is a 2-storied building with a basement floor.
Building of Theology and Social Sciences Faculty
The Faculty today
The staff of the faculty created a productive system of education, training and spiritual develop-ment of students. In short form it is possible to express the essence of it in the following words: Spirituality, Mercy, Wisdom and Comprehension. In practice, these words are realized in the im-plementation of educational programs in the following fields: "Theology", "Social Work", "Cul-tural Studies", "Philosophy", "Political Science".
Today, the faculty of Theology and Social Sciences is:
- Approximately 500 students doing intramural, extramural and online training;
- 35 post-graduates;
- 75 teachers, including 17 PhD professors; 44 Candidates of Sciences;
- 3 administering sub-departments and1 specialized department;
- 5 fields of Baccalaureate programs, 5 fields of Master degree programs, programs for supplementary vocational education;
- 16 classrooms which includes 8 specialized classrooms;
- postgraduate studies in 3 scientific fields: 39.06.01 Social sciences (Sociology of Culture) 47.06.01 Philosophy, Ethics and Religious Studies (Philosophical anthropology, philosophy of culture), 51.06.01 Cultural Studies (Theory and History of Culture) ;
- scientific magazines: "Nauchniye vedomosti BelGU"(Scientific statements of BelSU) (series "Philosophy. Sociology. Law "), included in the list of recommended books for testing the results of dissertation research of State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles of Russia and "Nauchniy rezultat" (Scientific result) (series "Science and Humanities") ;
- Centre of career guidance and support of students and graduates;
- Centre of Religious Expertise and Prevention of Extremism ;
- Ecclesiastical and Educational Ñenter
The Knowledge Day 2015
Department of Philosophy and Theology
Head of the Department Tamara I. Lipich, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor; e-mail: Lipich@bsu.edu.ru
78 Preobrazhenskaya Street, office 3, phone +7 4722 301345.
Department of Social Work
Head of the Department Olga A.Volkova, Doctor of Social Sciences, Professor; e-mail: Volkova_oa@bsu.edu.ru
78 Preobrazhenskaya Street, office 9a, phone +7 4722 301331.
Department of Cultural Studies and Political Science
Head of the Department Alla P.Krivets, PhD in Sociology, Associate Professor; e-mail: Krivets@bsu.edu.ru 78
Preobrazhenskaya Street, office 29, phone +7 4722 301346.
Department of Regional Studies of Social work on the basis of the Administration of Social Pro-tection of Population in Belgorod region
Head of the Department Inna N.Kishchenko, Professor, Candidate of Science in Sociology; e-mail: Kischenko@bsu.edu.ru
78 Preobrazhenskaya Street, office 9a, phone +7 4722 301331.
Departments of the faculty are actively engaged in research and teaching activities, participate in regional and All-Russian grants, defenses of dissertation research, development of training, edu-cational and scientific publications.
The Russian National Education Project Winners 2011
Studying at the Faculty
The teaching process at the Faculty is organized in accordance with European standards of con-tinuous three-level higher education: Bachelor degree studies- Master degree studies - postgrad-uate studies in the following areas of training:
Cultural science (Bachelor degree): profile Languages and Culture of the Slavic nations
Professional activities of graduates in cultural studies are realized in intercultural cooperation organizations; in public and private educational institutions and organizations; cultural institu-tions (administrative bodies and commercial organizations, museums, cultural centers, mass me-dia); in tourism and advertising agencies; public organizations, etc.
Political science (Bachelor degree): profile The Political and Legal Culture of Slavic Europe
Professional activities of graduates in political science are realized in organizations of interstate cooperation; in bodies of state power and local self-government; in educational institutions and research institutes; counseling centers; in public and political organizations.
Social Work (Bachelor degree): profiles Social Defense and Social Services for Families and Children, Social Work in Cultural System
Professional activity of graduates is realized in the field of social protection and social services for population; in health care and social rehabilitation services; in education and social and ped-agogical assistance; the State Employment Service; in the social and cultural spheres; in the sys-tem of social services; institutions of Migration Service and Ministry of Emergency Situations; in the field of social insurance and pension funds; in the security agencies; in system of non-profit organizations and others.
Theology (Bachelor degree)
Professional activity of graduates is realized in the system of higher and secondary education; in scientific research; in law enforcement and administrative bodies; in the Board of Trustees and charitable organizations; in the spiritual and educational centers; cultural institutions; sociological services and mass media; in organizations involved in local history and tourism; in theological and artistic expertise.
Philosophy (Bachelor degree)
Professional activity of graduates is realized in the socio-political and administrative activity; in pedagogical and analytical work; in mass media work; in government and political parties.
After receiving the Bachelor's degree graduates can continue their education on Masters degree program under the following Masters programs:
- Theology Masters program The Recent History of Religions
- Philosophy Masters Program Philosophical Anthropology and Philosophy of Culture
- Social Work Masters programs Management of Social Work, Technology of Social Work, Psychosocial Work in the System of Social Protection of the Population
- Cultural Studies Masters program Languages of Culture and Intercultural Communi-cation
- Political Science Masters program Political Relations and Political Process in Modern Russia
The Masters training is transdisciplinary. Studies for Masters degree are possible for graduates of related faculties and specialties.
Postgraduate Training Programs
- 47.06.01 Philosophy, Ethics and Religious Studies (Philosophical anthropology, philoso-phy of culture)
- 51.06.01 Cultural Studies (Theory and History of Culture)
- 39.06.01 Social sciences (Sociology of Culture)
Dissertation Council D. 212.015.05 Chairman - Doctor of Philosophy, Professor Viktor P. Rimskiy
The Winners of All-Russian Student Social Work Competition 2016
Science at the Faculty
Human world and world of culture: history and modernity
Supervisor Zhirov M.S. Ed.D, Prof.. SRSTI code 13.11.28. Leading scientists in this area are teachers of Department of Social Work: Doctor of Education, Professor Mikhail S.Zhirov; Doctor of Social Science, Professor Ol-ga A.Volkova;Elena I.Mozgovaya PhD in Philosophy, Associate Professor; PhD in Philosophy, Associate Professor Kseniya Y. Koroleva; PhD in Philosophy, Associate Professor Olga V Kovalchuk ; PhD in Philosophy , Associate Professor Dmitriy A. Kulabukhov; PhD in Sociolo-gy, Associate Professor Natalja V. Lazurenko; Doctor of Philosophical Science, Associate Pro-fessor, Professor of Department of Cultural Studies and Political Science Natalja Z. Brosova; PhD in Sociology, Associate Professor; Head of the Department of Cultural Studies and Politi-cal Science Alla P.Kryvets ; PhD in Education, Associate Professor of the Department of Cul-tural Studies and Political Science Viktor E. Penkov.
The man in the spiritual and religious processes and modern socio-cultural dynamics
Supervisor-Dr.Phil.,Prof., Rimskiy V.P. Leading scientists in this area are: Dr.Phil,Prof., Head of the department of Philosophy and Theology Tamara I. Lipich; Dr.Phil, Associate Professor An-drei D. Maidansky; PhD in Philosophy, Associate Professor, Andrei V. Kuznetsov; PhD in Phi-losophy, Associate Professor Sergei V Resnick; Dr.Phil,Prof., Pavel A. Olkhov.
The evolution of the main classes of the Central Black Earth Region"
Supervisor- Dr.Hist.,Prof., Vladimir A. Shapovalov; Dr.Hist.,Prof., Vitali V.Penskoi.
Leading scientists of the Faculty
- Atlagich Sinisha - Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of the Department of Cultural Studies and Political Science
- Natalya Z.Ârosova, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of the Department of Cultural Studies and Political Science
- Olga A.Volkova, Doctor of Social Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Social Work
- Mikhail S.Zhirov, Doctor of education, Professor of the Department of Social Work
- Svetlana M. Klimova, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of HSE, Professor of the Department of Philosophy and Theology
- Alla P.Kryvets - PhD in Sociology, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Cultural Studies and Political Science
- Evgeny A. Krotkov, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of the Department of Philosophy and Theology
- Tamara I. Lipich, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of the Department of Philosophy and Theology
- Andrei D. Maidansky, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of the Department of Philosophy and Theology
- Elena N. Motovnikova - PhD in Philosophy, Associate Professor of the Department of Philosophy and Theology
- Vladimir A. Noskov, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of the Department of Philosophy and Theology
- Pavel A. Olkhov, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of the Department of Philosophy and Theology
- Vitali V.Penskoi, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of the Department of Philosophy and Theology
- Viktor E. Penkov, PhD in Education, Associate Professor of the Department of Cultural Stud-ies and Political Science
- Viktor P. Rimskiy, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of the Department of Philosophy and Theology
- Boris G. Yudin , Doctor of Philosophy, associate fellow of RAS, Professor of the Department of Philosophy and Theology
The main results of research work and innovation activity. Scientific projects
- Grants of Kone Foundation (2010) and Aleksanteri Institute (2011-2012),academic af-fairs at the University of Helsinki at the cutting-edge research Board and Aleksandrov Institute
- «La modernité de Spinoza» project of Franco-Russian Centre of Art and Social sciences (2007) and «Spinoza Bibliographie» German Spinoza Society and publishing house Frommann-Holzboog (from 2007 to the present day)
- Scholarship of the president of the Russian Federation in culture and art Creation of the N.N. Strakhov e-library 2010-2011, ¹182-ğ dated 28.03.2010
- National research project Russian everyday routine for ten centuries in the mirror of gender relations: trends, dynamics, prospects for change; supported by the Department of Historical and Philological Sciences, Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS OIFN) un-der the program OIFN RAS "Historical and cultural heritage and spiritual values of Rus-sia" for 2009-2010.
- Federal Grant Program "Research and academic staff of innovative Russia" for 2009-2013. "Philosophy and religious studies and phenomenological analysis of the spiritual and re-ligious specific character of modern society" 2009-2011 P. 861 dated 18.08.2009.
- Federal Grant Program "Research and academic staff of innovative Russia" for 2009-2013. National Scientific School for Youth "Russian philosophy: the origins and the pre-sent" October 2-5, 2009, ¹02.741.11.2091.
- Grant RFH 06-01-02056a "Historical roots of totalitarianism in Russia." Grant RFH 07-01-55102 A / D "Belgorod series and Belgorod regiment: the history of Russian military science of the second half of the XVII century.".
- Grant to conduct research projects in priority areas of socio-economic development of the Belgorod Region, Department of Internal and personnel policies of the Belgorod region (D-14 from 11.10.2013, 2013). Topic: "The socio-cultural integration of migrants under the conditions of the Belgorod region."
- Competition listing projects carried out by the university within the state order for the provision of services within the departmental grant program "Development of Scientific Potential of Higher Education", the Russian Federation Ministry of Education and Sci-ence (¹6.2843.2011, 2012-2013 gg.) . Topic: "Improving the effectiveness of social therapy through the development of public authorities in residential care for the elderly and disabled."
Image-building scientific measures
- XVIII International Scientific Meeting "Iljenkovsky reading" (Belgorod, NRU "BSU", 28-29 April 2016).
- International scientific meeting "Culture. Policy. Understanding "(Young scholars Symposium " Culture, philosophy, policy in the social experience of 20-21 centuries ")
- IV International applied research conference "The Gospel in the context of con-temporary culture", dedicated to the 200th anniversary of Macarius (Bulgakov), Metropolitan of Moscow and Kolomna.
- The annual international applied research conference "Social work in the modern world: the interaction of science, education and practice".
- International applied research conference "Philosophy over the barriers: dialogues and diatribes" (student laboratory "Aristotle 2400")
- International Scientific School for Youth " Concepts of posthuman in Philosophy and technoscience" (Belgorod, NRU "BSU" in cooperation with the Institute of Philosophy of Russian Academy of Sciences, from 19 to 23 May 2016).
- Annual International Volunteer Youth School "Volunteer" and others.
- Maidansky A.D. Ascent toward the ideal, «Russian Studies in Philosophy», vol. 48, no. 4, Spring 2010
- Maidansky A.D. Metamorphoses of the ideal, «Studies in East European Thought», vol. 57, no. 3, September 2005
- Maidansky A.D. Reality of the Ideal, in: Dialectics of the Ideal: Evald Ilyenkov and Creative Soviet Marxism. Leiden, Boston: Brill, 2014
- Maidansky A.D. Review of the book: S. Mareyev. From the history of Soviet phi-losophy: Lukacs - Vygotsky - Ilyenkov, «Social Sciences», no. 4, 2009
- Maidansky A.D. RUSSIAN LEVIATHAN AND THE MARXIST IDEA OF DYING OUT OF THE STATE// Scientific result. Series: Social and human studies. 2015. Ò. 1. ¹ 4 (6). p. 37-44.
- Maidansky A.D. The concept of truth in Ilyenkov's dialectical logic, in: Logic in Central and Eastern Europe: History, science and discourse. New York: University Press of America, 2012
- Maidansky A.D. The Dialectical Logic of Evald Ilyenkov and Western European Marxism, in: Russian Thought in Europe: Reception, Polemics, Development. Krakow: Akademia Ignatianum, Wydawnictwo WAM, 2013
- Maidansky A.D. The logic of Marx's theory of history: Reforming formations, «Russian Studies in Philosophy», vol. 51, no. 2, Fall 2012
- Maidansky A.D. The Russian Spinozists, «Studia Spinozana», vol. 15 (ed. Wiep van Bunge). Würzburg: Königshausen & Neumann, 2006
- Vasili V. Lipich, Tamara I. Lipich, Elena N. Motovnikova, Pavel A. Olkhov,Vitali V. Penskoy and Svetlana I. Shatokhina. National Culture: On the Hermeneutical Contours of Fateful Question in Russia // Medwell Journals, 2015. P.1269-1272
- Vitaly V. Penskoi , Tamara I. Lipich , Pavel A. Olkhov and Elena N. Motovnikova/ Modernity, Memory and Political Caring on the Longue Duree of Social Trans-formations in Russia// Journals the Social Sciences. Year: 2015 | Volume: 10 | Issue: 6 | Page No.: 1164-1166 DOI: 10.3923/sscience.2015.1164.1166
- Volkova O.A., Besschetnova O.V. CHILD ABUSE IN RUSSIA AS A CAUSE OF SOCIAL ORPHANHOOD// World Applied Sciences Journal. 2013. Ò. 26. ¹ 12. Ñ. 1588-1594.
- Volkova O.A., Besschetnova O.V. FOSTER CARE IN RUSSIA: PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS// Life Science Journal. 2014. Ò. 11. ¹ 7s. p. 327-330.
Current research projects
Federal grants RHF:
- The problem of dialogue in philosophy, culture and politics: Challenges of the 21st Century" (2014-2016.) (Supervisor:. Prof. Natalja Z. Brosova, investigator: Associate Professor Alla P. Krivets).
- "Intertextual poetics of Russian prose 19-21 centuries and theoretical foundations intertekstology" (2015-2017.) (Investigator: Associate ProfessorIrina V. Bardykova).
Regional grant RHF:
- "Volunteering in the regional system of social partnership, aimed at work with refugees" (2015-2016). (Supervisor:. Prof. Olga A. Volkova, investigators:Ass. Julia A. Grebenikova, Prof. Tamara I. Lipich, Associate Prof. Olga V. Kovalchuk, Associate Prof. Ksenia Y. Koroleva, Ass.Elena S. Sazonova).
Annual International Volunteer Youth School. The Puppet Theatre show
Ongoing scientific events of the structural unit
- International applied research conference "Social work in the modern world: the interac-tion of science, education and practice."
- International Scientific School for Youth
- International applied research conference "The Gospel in the context of contemporary culture"
- International scientific conference "Culture. Policy. Understanding "(Symposium of young scientists" Culture, philosophy, Policy in the social experience of 20-21 centuries")
- International Volunteer School for Youth "Volunteer"
The faculty takes part in the publication of peer-reviewed journal "Scientific statements of BelSU" series "Philosophy. Sociology. Law", included in the list of recommended WAC for publication of the results of theses for the degree.
Leading scientists of the faculty are members of the organizing committees and are regularly in-vited to international, national and regional scientific conferences, we are also the organizers of the major conferences with international participation. They are co-organized by the Institute of Philosophy, RAS, Scientific Council on the methodology of artificial intelligence and social movement "Russia 2045".
Annual Christmas charity event
Information was given by Ìarina E. Polenova 07.03.2017
Back to the section