Address: 2A Koroleva Street, 308034 Belgorod, Russia
Phone: +7 4722 585415
Head of the Centre
Professor Oleg Ivanov,
Doctor of Physico-mathematical Sciences
The BelSU Common Use Centre for Diagnostics of Nanomaterialsí Structure and
Properties was founded in 2007 as a part of the Nanostructured Materials and
Nanotechnologies Science, Education & Innovation Centre. Since 2009, it
functions as a substantive subdivision of the Belgorod State University.
Main lines of activity
The Centre provides its equipment for supporting research conducted by
enterprises which carry out projects under federal target programs, and also to
other organizations which use scientific equipment, allowing to employ modern
methods of material physics.
The Centre also provides its equipment for training staff for working with
state-of-art scientific equipment,
The Centre organizes and hosts research-and-technology conferences.
Structure of the Centre
- Laboratory of electron microscopy and X-ray analysis of crystal
- Mechanical testing laboratory
- Analytical control laboratory
- Test technological area
List of services provided
- Mechanical testing of metals and alloys,
- Analytical control of element composition and chemical makeup,
- Studying phase composition and crystal structure features,
- Defining nano-particlesí geometric size,
- Training staff for working with scientific equipment,
- Elaborating procedures of measurements of parameters for nano-industry
CUCís equipment user enterprises
- Energomash, CSJC (Belgorod, Russia).
- ENHA, LLC (Belgorod, Russia).
- Skif-M, LLC (Belgorod, Russia).
- Monocrystall, LLC (Belgorod region, Russia).
- Lebedinsky GOK, OJSC (Stary Oskol, Belgorod region, Russia).
- VEROPHARM, OSJC (Belgorod branch, Russia).
- Russian Nanotechnologies, OJSC (Moscow, Russia).
- RIF Corporation (Voronezh, Russia).
- VSMPO-AVISMA Corporation (Verkhnyaya Salda, Sverdlovsk region, Russia).
- Bochvar All-Russian Research Institute of Inorganic Materials (Moscow,
- NT-MDT Co. (Zelenograd, Russia).
- Ural Research Institute of Composite Materials, Federal State Unitary
Enterprise (Perm, Russia).
- KurskSpecTorg, LLC (Kursk, Russia).
- OK, LLC (Saint-Petersburg, Russia) and others.
Primary research areas
- Developing process-basis for producing and complex assessment of
nano-sized powders of metals, metal oxides, and semiconductor substances
with reproducible properties based on solvothermal synthesis and sol-gel
- Construction and functional ZrO2- or Al2O3-based ceramic materials,
- Thermoelectric three-dimensional nanocomposites,
- Hardening and wear-resistant coatings.
Top Priority Areas within which research is conducted
- Nano-systems and nano-materials industry
- Energy efficiency, power saving, nuclear power industry.
Metrological support, certification, assessment of conformity of production
- Carrying out tests in certified laboratories (Certificate No –ő——
RU.0001.518253 of 25.01.2011, listed in Unified register of Federal Agency
on Technical Regulating and Metrology),
- Participating in the Nanosertifica voluntary certification system for
nano-industry production, partnered by the RUSNANO Group,
- Developing and certifying various measuring procedures :
- FR 1.27.2009.06761 measuring procedures for geometrical dimensions
of nano-particles by means of transmission electron microscopy,
- FR 1.27.2009.06763 measuring procedures for thickness of thin
coatings (from 10 nm), e.g. film coatings, layers, by means of raster
electron microscopy of crossing cuts, prepared by ion beams,
- FR 1.27.2009.06762 measuring procedures for particles in suspensions,
emulsions and aerosols in nanometer and colloid ranges, employing
dynamic light scattering effect.
- Quanta 200 3D scanning electron/ion microscope
- Quanta 600 scanning electron/ion microscope
- JEM-2100 transmission electron microscope
- NTegra Aura Scanning Probe Microscope
- ARL XíTRA X-ray diffraction meter
- SDT Q600 simultaneous TGA/DSC/DTA analyzer
- Nicolet 6700 Fourier Transform IR/Visible spectrometer
- Olympus GX51 optical microscope
- The Thermo Scientificô ARLô OPTIM'X WDXRF Spectrometer
- FOUNDRY-MASTER high-performing optical emission spectrometer (OES)
- The ANALYSETTE 22 NanoTec universally applicable laser particle sizer
- TriStar 3000 surface area analyzer
- AutoPore IV 9500 Automated Mercury Porosimeter
- DM 8B AUTO automatic microhardness tester
- DIL 402 C/4/G dilatometer for thermo mechanical analysis of horizontally
- Dielectric properties measuring equipment system
- INSTRON 5882 universal testing machine
- Instron 8801 Servohydraulic Fatigue Testing System .
- 300LX-B1-C3-J1C universal freestanding hydraulic testing machine
- High-speed R. R. Moore rotating beam fatigue testing machine
- ATS materials high temperature creep testing machine
- 402MVD Knoop/Vickers Microindentation Tester
- 600MRD Rockwell Hardness Tester
- 3000BLD Brinnel Hardness Tester
- CSM Instruments High-temperature Tribometer
- REVETESTģ instrument for measurement of scratch resistance and adhesion
- EPSI CIP 400-200*1000 Y cold isostatic pressing (CIP) machine
- Nabertherm VHT 8/22 GR vacuum oven
- RS20 disk vibration mill
- Solvothermal synthesis equipment for nano-powders production
- SPS-25/10 spark-plasma sintering equipment
Information was given by Oleg Ivanov,
Director of the Diagnostics of Nanomaterialsí Structure and Properties BelSU
Common Use Centre,
Back to the section